Making of Cushions
Students will make 3 full size cushions; square, bolster and box, including 2 zip methods and trimming and piping detail.
Discussion on different cushion shapes and styles and how to design for a room scheme. Students will have the skills to go on to make a variety of cushions.
- 3 beautiful full size cushions to take home with you!
- Making of Cushions is also part of the course programme ‘Diploma in Professional Curtain Making & Soft Furnishings’.
|Entry Requirement||All levels welcome, including absolute beginners|
|Course Timing||09:00 to 17:00|
If you are able to travel to us, we highly recommend training face to face at Victoria Hammond Academy, where you will receive individual tuition and guidance in a small class.
A deposit payment is required to secure your place on a course.
Balance payment is due to be settled at least
14 days prior to each course start date.
Option in ‘Your Account’ to make Part Payments towards the balance.
All course fees are inclusive of specialist products and materials, designer fabrics and a comprehensive step-by-step manual. We provide refreshments throughout the day.
Free parking on site.
On completion of this course students will be awarded an Accredited Certificate.
Victoria Hammond Collective is accredited by AIM Awards which is an approved British Awarding Body, regulated by Ofqual. We are registered with UKRLP as a Learning Provider and also an approved member of other reputable organisations, including the Association of Master Upholsterers & Soft Furnishers.
ONSITE Making of Cushions
- Discussion on different cushion shapes and styles and how to design for a room scheme.
- Over the two days students will make three different cushions:
- A square cushion with trimming detail.
- A bolster cushion with starburst ends, and piping and button detail, incorporating a concealed zip.
- A box cushion with piping detail incorporating an invisible zip. As well as being used as a scatter cushion, box cushions are suitable for window seating and chair padding and outdoor seating.