Introduction to Interior Design
- Comprehensive discussion and display of interior design schemes incorporating soft and hard furnishings.
- Students will be provided with a design brief for a residential project. They will learn how to read, scale a plan/elevation and create their own floor plan and design a range of moodboards according.
- Recommendation of reputable interior design trade suppliers.
- Advise on client liaison, presentation, project management, liaison with contractors and how to prepare interior design specifications and costing.
- Learn about 2D space planning, flow and human ergonomics.
|Entry Requirement||All levels welcome, including absolute beginners|
|Course Timing||09:00 to 17:00|
If you are able to travel to us, we highly recommend training face to face at Victoria Hammond Academy, where you will receive individual tuition and guidance in a small class.
A deposit payment is required to secure your place on a course.
Balance payment is due to be settled at least
14 days prior to each course start date.
Option in ‘Your Account’ to make Part Payments towards the balance.
All course fees are inclusive of specialist products and materials, designer fabrics and a comprehensive step-by-step manual. We provide refreshments throughout the day.
Free parking on site.
On completion of this course students will be awarded an Accredited Certificate.
Victoria Hammond Collective is accredited by AIM Awards which is an approved British Awarding Body, regulated by Ofqual. We are registered with UKRLP as a Learning Provider and also an approved member of other reputable organisations, including the Association of Master Upholsterers & Soft Furnishers.
ONSITE Introduction to Interior Design
The course will be based around a residential project which will take you through the development stages of an interior design scheme from initial brief to final presentation and implementation of the design on site.
- Comprehensive discussion and display of interior design schemes using curtain making, soft and hard furnishings.
- Students will be provided with a residential room design brief and will design and make a range of moodboards choosing from a wide range of recommended fabric and interior design suppliers. There will be a demonstration on drawing techniques.
- Advise on client liaison, meeting with a client at their home and presentation of interior design moodboards.
- Comprehensive advise on costing for window dressings and hard and soft furnishings and preparation of interior design specifications and costing.
- Advise on project management, and how to liaise/work with contractors on site and putting the right team of people together.
- Students will learn how to read interior plans, scale a plan or elevation and create a floor plan that works both creatively and practically.
- Discussion/demonstration on 2D space planning, flow and human ergonomics.